Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Demos! Vol. 6

Photobucket

I’ve been banging around on some new tunes lately. I thought it might be time to put some of them up. Hopefully, a few will find a home with Discount Romance.

These are presented to you, the appalled public, so you can see the warts and all of the creative process. (And these are pretty big warts.) All multiplatinum albums start out as humble demos. These are really humble, so who knows what the final album will finally sell!

Photobucket

That Is What I Do – I had to record this sucker a ton of times. I was just trying to get the right feel for the song. It’s sort of a rockabilly type tune. You can’t tell that here, because I can’t play in any other rhythm than this one. You can hear my exasperation on the last couple of notes.



Photobucket

I Think of You – A lot of people say to me, “Vickers, you’re a comedy writer, why don’t you write more funny songs”. I have to follow my muse, but this is a less than serious tune.



Photobucket

For the Very First Time – Back to my lovey-dovey mood. Carissa was kind enough to like this one, so it will show up somewhere. (Me hopes)




And now!!!!!!!! More captioned pictures.

Photobucket

“It’s just a list I made. “The 27 things I’d like to do to you, if you were unconscious.”

Photobucket

“Hey sweetie, I think I found your liver behind Dan’s bass amp.”

Photobucket

“I’m not eating this whole bowl of candy. Just move on. There’s nothing to see here!”

Photobucket

"This thing is either a camera or a Taser. Just smile and let’s see what happens."

Photobucket


“Hey mom, I’m finally living my dream. I’m playing drums in a band and surrounded by filth and garbage.”

Photobucket

“Who keeps sending me these revolting, disgusting texts?”

Photobucket


“I am going cover your entire body in squid parts and watch aquatic birds peck you to ecstasy.”

Photobucket


“Does it seem fair to you that the “Disabled” get all those really great parking spots but the people who made them disabled get nothing?”

Photobucket

Dong isn’t smiling through the pain. He’s smiling because of what he just did in the elevator.

Photobucket

Dan suddenly remembers a boob he saw in 1994.

Photobucket

What Dong didn’t know was….Kent has always wanted to sucker punch a guy on crutches.

No comments:

Post a Comment