Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Photobucket

Well, it was an eventful day at Mysterious Mammal Studios. Four, count
‘em, four songs were recorded. (though it was a little touch and go near the end) The guys were troopers and brought home the musical bacon, even though they were getting a little fatigued by nail-biting dénouement.

Photobucket

The day was not without its mishaps. I got a phone call from my wife in the late afternoon. When I answered my cell, she informed me that Dong was locked in the studio bathroom and could not get out. Matt, was quick to the rescue. The rest of the band was too busy laughing to be any help in his retrieval.

Photobucket

After the long grueling day, I went out to my car at 9:30 at night and it was as dead as a doornail. There’s nothing like turning the key in your car in a strange land and having nothing happen. (especially when you’re in Atwater Village) Luckily, it was my vehicles little jape. I was informed by my wife that jiggling the gearshift would eventually revive it. After a few tense moments and some intense jiggling, my fossil fueled steed jumped to life.

Photobucket

No One’s Gonna Love Me – There’s some really great organ on this baby, thanks to Juan. He may have missed most of the rehearsals because he went swanning off to Puerto Rico, but when it counted, he got it done.



Photobucket

Trampoline Song – Matt turned to me at some point and said he liked this song. Knowing how many people must come through his studio, it made me feel like a little schoolgirl for a moment.



Photobucket

I Know It’s Only Love – This is going to be the opener for the album. I’m now sure of it. It just screams, “First Song” to me. Dong is using it for a little promo he was putting together in his spare time at Mysterious Mammal Studios.



Sweet Leaf – This really rocks. Probably going to use it to tentpole the album. (I really know the lingo)



Photobucket

“I’ll bet if I put Dan’s head in a vice, I could make his eyes pop out like champagne corks.”

Photobucket


Eventually, Dan realizes that the rest of the band left for lunch and hour ago and stops playing.

Photobucket

Kent has recordings of peasants screaming on his I-pod to get him in the mood for playing.

Photobucket

Dan is practicing for his road construction job interview right after our recording session.

Photobucket

Jason spends a lot of time in his own world. That’s because he can’t afford the rent in this one.

Photobucket

Dan tries desperately to remember what chords he played in rehearsal for the lunch order.

Photobucket

This picture shows exactly why Juan is the loneliest number.

Photobucket

“It’s very simple Dong. You get the chords right and you can have your chair back.”

Photobucket

“And looking at me like a wounded puppy, will not get you anything!”

Photobucket


“Pancakes, why does my snare remind me of pancakes?”

Photobucket

Sure Jason can drum, but it was the thought of having those legs in the studio that really got him the job.

Photobucket


“I wonder if I stare hard enough, if I’ll be able to see through Carissa’s oh-so-silky blouse.”

Photobucket

Kent trying to decide whether to play it or punch it.

Photobucket

“Has somebody been using this to pick their nose again?”

Photobucket

This is Matt trying his best to put up with us.

Photobucket

This is the pose that won Dan the Miss Atwater Village, year after year.

Photobucket

Juan suddenly thinks of a really fluffy bunny.

Photobucket

Dong finally remembers it’s a B minor after the D.

Photobucket


Dan spots a Milk Dud that has rolled under the couch. Now, how to retrieve it without anyone noticing.

Photobucket

“I thought I try this little orange pill I found. What could it hurt?”

Photobucket

“I don’t feel anything. Maybe it was a tic tac. WAAAAAAAAA! ”

Photobucket

Jason becomes a little teary when Dan suddenly dies during a playback of The Trampoline Song.

Photobucket

“Hello, HQ? This is El Presidente, I have infiltrated their recording session and I have booby trapped the toilet.”

Photobucket

Hey, Dong is Asian. It was only a matter of time before he pulled out a big honkin’ camera.

Photobucket

Carissa checks to see what the calories are in two and a half family-sized bags of chips.

Photobucket

“They call me Dong. Big Bad Dong.”

Photobucket

"How long after you kill a guy can you use his cell phone?"

No comments:

Post a Comment