Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Demos #7

Photobucket

Well, this is an exciting time for the band. The new single and video is coming out within the week and Dong is working on a new promo video for it as I type this. That’s the good news. The other new is, I have…brand new demos! Yes, another collection of shittily recorded and excrementally sung tunes by yours truly.

Photobucket

Maybe I’m In Love – I had a piece of this tune an some lyrics lying around forever. There were parts I really like about it, but something wasn’t quite right. I revisited it the other day, and reworked the lyrics, put a new chorus on it and now it’s a demo. Lucky you.



Photobucket

Leave The Rest To Me – I really like this tune. My lovely and talented wife (after getting over her initial umbrage at the lyrical content) has decided that it is one of her favorites among my tunes. Phew! This one was written over a couple of days. Maybe the words took me a little longer. Sometimes, they just fall into place and sometimes they torture you for weeks.



So keep an eye out for our real song, played by real musicians and sung by a real girl singer! They’re way better quality and Discount Romance tunes will be flowing very soon.

Photobucket

Plus, we'll be going back into the Sanctuary Studios very soon to do the final vocals on Road to Hannay.  Yeehaw! 

Photobucket

Plus Dong is working on a brand new promo video.  If this were anymore exciting we'd have to put towels down on the studio floor.

And of course…More Captioned Pics!

Photobucket

“It's okay Dong, you can come out. The big, bad, crabbie Kent is gone now and only the really friendly, smiling, nice Kent is left. Do you hear me you Goddamn, Asian motherfucker!?”

Photobucket

“Now, how the fuck did he get out of there?”

Photobucket


Dan tries to figure out why he can’t get the internet on the organic chocolate bar he just bought.

Photobucket

Mid-song, Dong begins to wonder, “If Hare Krishna’s take a vow of poverty, how they can afford to eat at the airport?”

Photobucket

Carissa is singing about men but thinking about peanut butter cups. Mmmmmmm.

Photobucket

“Remember Dan? People who don’t forget to bring donuts, don’t get their necks stepped on? Now let’s move on to what happens when people forget to bring the coffee as well!”

Photobucket

“You know, if you stick your finger in your ear like this? You can hear the sound of the sea poking a guy’s eye out.”

Photobucket

Much to his dismay, the X-ray peripheral-vision contacts Dan bought are not bearing much boob-fruit.

Photobucket

“Ooooh, look at all these neat knobs and dials. I wonder what will happen if I push these up like this? WEEEEEEEEEEEEE!”

Photobucket

At least once a day, Carissa takes time out of her busy schedule to count her birth control pills.

Photobucket

“See that amp? I got it off a dead guy. Well…he’s dead now.”

Photobucket

While singing harmonies on Sweet Leaf, Dan suddenly gets a horrific flashback to a war he wasn’t even in.

Photobucket

Inbetween takes, Carissa and Kent time a moment to pray while Dan remembers a catfish he once caught.

Photobucket

“I don’t care how much that looks like a microphone. Put it back where it belongs.”

Photobucket

Laugh and the world laughs with you…but laugh like this and you’ve just barfed in your hat.

Photobucket

“Just as I thought. According to this, I’m 38 ½ percent cuter than the next guy in the band.”

Photobucket

“I can’t believe that little fucker is 38 ½ percent cuter than me.”

Photobucket

“I don’t get it, if Juan is the cute one, Dong is the impish Asian, Kent is El Presidente and Carissa is the sexy, adorable singer, who are “Fuck Teeth” and “Shit Boy?”

Photobucket

“Good job I fucked up my knee. If I’d have fucked up my arm, I would have needed a Singapore Sling.”













No comments:

Post a Comment