Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

The Demos! Vol. 4

Photobucket

Well, here we are again at the most unpleasant part of the blog….me singing. (if that wasn’t bad enough, it’s also me playing) These are some more of the demos that I put together in my humble little office and played to Carissa when we were picking songs for the album.

Photobucket

I have three songs here. We’ve been tackling the easier songs first, to get into a groove. These will be a little tougher to get right. Wish us luck!

Photobucket

The photos were taken by Jesse Renfro during our first recording session at Mysterious Mammal Studios. By the way, we had a great time there and Matt is sensational. Patient and dedicated to getting the best sound out of the band and the song. You can’t ask for more than that.

Photobucket

In The Morning Time – I imagine this one to be a bit Neil Young-like. It will be interesting to see how it turns out. I don’t usually go in for the kind of sappy ending this song has, but sometimes your muse insists on things and you might as well just acquiesce and get it over with.



Photobucket

Carissa’s Song – Guess where I got the inspiration for this song! I was just playing around with a “D” chord one day and started to adlib the lyrics about a short person. Pretty soon it became evident to me that it could only be about one short person. I asked Carissa permission to name this song after her and she graciously said yes.



Photobucket

Sad Song – This one lives up to its name. The band hasn’t tried to play this yet, but I’m looking forward to see what they come up with. I hear a lot of keys in this song. Do you hear that Juan?



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket 
"I'm really sick of playing the guitar.  I think I'll just point at this sheet of paper for awhile."

Photobucket
"I wonder if I sit here looking really sad, someone will offer me some chocolate."

Photobucket

Photobucket

"Man, I really look like a fucking rock star, right now!"

No comments:

Post a Comment